Monday, April 29, 2024

Menu Plan Monday 04/29/30

Baby it's hot!!!🌞🌞🌞 I'm loving this nicer weather though. I've been awake since 4am, but sunshine makes me feel energized. I made a very light meal plan for this week, because it's too hot to cook and/or eat heavy food. Here's what we're eating. 

Monday : Baked BBQ chicken breast wraps, potato salad, carrot/pineapple salad

Tuesday : Frikkadel, baked potato, carrot/pineapple salad 

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Taco boats with side salad

Saturday : Red Robin (DS)

Breakfasts : Bran apple muffins, blueberry pancakes, eggs or omelets, toast, chocolate brioche or raisin bread french toast, cereal

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad 

Dessert : I'm not making dessert until we finish whatever sweets are in the freezer (pumpkin pie & chocolate cookies). We didn't eat any pumpkin pie last week, so we'll have it this week.

I'll have my chicken with salad while DS has a wrap. I don't need the extra carbs. 

Arby's has chicken sandwiches on special - 2/$6. So I got that on Friday and boy did I regret it. That 'chicken' was so loaded with sodium, I was bloated & felt sick afterwards. I've never eaten much salt. I have a sweet tooth. Give me cake, cookies, chocolate or ice cream any day of the week. But with salt, I use the bare minimum. So back to our favorite Friday Mexican dinners. We know exactly what goes into our food this way & DS loves it. I cooked the taco meat yesterday, so I just need to make the avocado bean salad on Friday. Easy peasy. 

Have a wonderful evening peeps!

5 comments:

  1. Menu looks very good. Being able to eat more than one meal is a big plus, especially when it is hot. I should actually have baked some desserts today, but just didn't want to. If it is still raining tomorrow I will so so.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meals all sound so good. I've been craving potato salad and need to make some this weekend. I don't like to eat out at a number of places because of the sodium either. I cook with very little pink sea salt and I can tell immediately if a food is high in sodium. I hope you've been having a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a free burger coming up for my May birthday from Red Robin, so it looks like we will be eating there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, sugar is my draw. I am not so much in love with salt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you doing okay? I really miss your posts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

This week's Wags fun!

Hi everyone I apologise for my lack of posts. The days seem to pass by in a blur. I've been really busy getting rid of my Ebay inventory...