Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Menu Plan Tuesday

I might be late with my menu plan, but I'm not late with the cooking 😊 Mondays are always busy and I do the bulk of my cooking on Sundays, so there's no time to write a post. Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday : Meatloaf, baked potatoes, veg

Tuesday : Pesto chicken casserole, brown rice, veg

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Undecided. 

Saturday : Red Robin (DS)

Breakfasts :  Carrot ginger muffins, bacon, eggs or omelets, toast, chocolate brioche or raisin bread french toast, cereal, muesli

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad 

Dessert : I haven't made any dessert in ages and we don't even miss it.

There's always fresh salad fixings and a variety of fresh fruit & veg available. 

I also made a dozen chicken sausage rolls for DS for lunch. 

I cooked taco meat and refried beans and made burritos for the freezer. Being sick recently made me realise that I need to keep some extra prepared meals in the freezer so that I don't have to worry about cooking if I'm sick or busy. 

When I got home from shopping yesterday, I cooked the 2 lbs bacon I bought and froze most of it. DS doesn't like bacon and there's no way I'll even eat half of that now.  I always cook it immediately and freeze for whenever I want some for breakfast or a sandwich. I'm a 'cook once, eat many times' kinda girl. 

I really can't think of what to eat on Friday. DS just wants fast food on weekends. 

Have a wonderful evening peeps!

2 comments:

Wags Fun!

How much candy is too much? Wags has a great deal on select candy bags this week. They are 2/$4. To sweeten the deal, there are RRs availabl...