Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Whoomp there it is!

The port strike! Remember my previous post where I mentioned that my gut's telling me to stock up? Well, it looks like my gut was right again. The funny thing is that someone in my coupon group actually said the same thing yesterday 'it's time to stock up before the prices increase'. There I was, ahead of the game again 😊

Yesterday I hit 6 stores in just under 2½ hours. At Sams I decided to get another pack of Members Mark (their store brand) t/p. I usually buy a spare pack when I open the last one (I've done this for years before the pandemic, cause I don't like to run out of things). Well, guess who was out of t/p. As in all brands. I somehow expected this. They only had a few packs of Charmin t/p, so I grabbed one. I didn't really need it (I bought a MM pack 2-3 weeks ago), but I figured it's best to be prepared, just in case. I see that their t/p is now only available online and shipping is a whopping $8.23. I'm glad I grabbed that extra pack. I also got the last p/t pack (I actually needed this). I saw people stocking up on cases of bottled water too. I'm still scratching my head at that one, cause water comes from the tap/faucet. I use a filter & only buy bottled water for DS. We've had reusable bottles leak in our bags before, so he gets bottled water. 


I was on a shopping roll, cause I had a Wags plan. Well now, we all know how that usually works out. Here's what I did. 

Trans 1

3 x OS b/w $21.00

2 x Dove shampoo/conditioner 8.00

2 x Crest t/p 10.00

3 x Dawn 2.97.

Less OS DQ (5.00)

Less Dove DQ (5.00)

Less Crest DQ (3.00)

Less RRs (9.00)

Tax 2.52

OOP $21.49

Earned $7 WC (WYS $35) + $11 RR ($5 OS, $3 Dove, $3 Crest) + $6.70 Ibotta ($4 Crest, $2, OS, $0.50 Crest bonus, $0.20 any receipt)

Total earned : $24.70

Well, things didn't go as smoothly as it should have. This is Wags after all. I get to checkout and there's 1 person at the register doing some healthcare return. So we wait & wait & wait and this line's getting longer. A manager was called and they still couldn't figure this thing out. So another register was opened. I had 3 RRs ($5, $4, $3 - this is why I added the Dawn so it could attach to the RRs. Wags is tricky like that). So she scans the $5 RR, then scans the $4 RR twice. No, no, no. So she's checking to see what already deducted and I told her that I'll give her another $4 RR (I had the exact same RRs for my 2nd transaction - I told y'all I had a plan 😂), cause I knew they'd be $1 short when they cash out and nobody would be able to figure out why. So she tried scanning that $4 RR too 🤦 Somebody help me! 😂 I explained that she already scanned the correct amount and to not try scanning it again. Then she hit total and the register rejected on of the $4 RRs. Ugh! So I told her to just hand one back and I'll pay for my items. This was my first stop and I still had 5 stores to hit, so I didn't want to waste any more time.  Sigh. I think I might've taken back the $4 one she scanned and I hope it doesn't get rejected when I try to use it, cause I don't know if it has different bar codes.Sigh. 

The good news is that I received a $7/35 paper booster. Yay. I knew I could double dip on my 2nd transaction.

So I went to a different Wags, because they don't have enough Captain b/w to do multiple transactions at one store. 

Trans 2

3 x OS b/w $21.00

2 x Dove shampoo 8.00

2 x Crest t/p 10.00

3 x Dawn 2.97.

Less OS DQ (5.00)

Less Dove DQ (5.00)

Less Crest DQ (3.00)

Less RRs (11.00)

Tax 2.52

OOP $19.49

Earned $14 WC (WYS $35 Paper & Digital double dip) + $11 RR ($5 OS, $3 Dove, $3 Crest) 

Total earned : $25.00

Wait a minute. Where's my RRs. Nothing printed, so I had them call a manager to add $11 points to my account. I'm not upset about this, because I don't have to worry about RRs expiring in 2 weeks. Points are good for a whole year, so this was actually a blessing in disguise.

I'm waiting to see if the Crest & O/S will reset on Ibotta. If it does, then I'll earn another $6. I'll also earn an additional $5 Ibotta mid week bonus (I just noticed this today), so I'm keeping fingers crossed. 

Even better. There's a $15 P&G rebate available on Crest & OS, so I'll add one of last week's receipts and submit for my rebates and points. I should also get another $5 P&G gc for scanning my receipts. 

So, this whole trip will be a huge MM.

OOP : $40.98

Total earned : $73.70 (RR, WC, Ibotta, P&G)

Profit of $33.72 for 20 items. My guys are swimming in OS and I couldn't be happier with getting paid to shop 😊

Breakdown:

Number of items purchased: 20

Total Qs used : $26

Total Rewards used : $20.00

Total Rewards earned (RR, WC, Ibotta, Fetch): $80.70 (pending Ibotta) : $73.70

Total OOP : $40.98 ($2.05 per item - this includes sales tax)

Total Retail value : $99.80 (excl tax)

The Dove & Crest are FREE after rewards & DQs this week. I opted for the bigger Crest, because it's still free after Ibotta. Actually, it's a small MM with the bonus. Why buy the small tubes when you can get the bigger ones for free too?

Happy shopping peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoomp there it is!

The port strike! Remember my previous post where I mentioned that my gut's telling me to stock up? Well, it looks like my gut was right ...