Friday, September 27, 2024

Best Laid Plans

Hi everyone

Well, I had these grand plans to get blogging regularly again and then ended up sick last Monday. I initially thought it was the flu, but by Wednesday I told BF I'm convinced I have Covid again. All I did was sleep last week. I wasn't happy. I was so sick that I let my RRs and EBs - all $28 of it expire. By Friday, I finally dragged myself to the store, because we were out of bread and some produce items. Saturday was a good day, but by Sunday I needed sleep again. I'm finally back to normal, but I'm now playing catch up. I'm so far behind.


I had another $10 RR expiring this week, so I took a trip to Wags. 

Here's what I got 

Trans 1

3 x Maybelline Baby Lips B2G1F $10.98

2 x Colgate t/p 9.00

2 x Garnier shampoo 8.00

2 x Tresemme 12.00

1 x Dawn 1.29

Less Maybelline DQ (6.00)

Less Colgate DQ (2.00)

Less Garnier DQ (3.00)

Less Tresemme DQ (5.00)

Less RRs (10.00)

Tax 2.48

OOP $17.75

Earned $12 RR ($5 Tresemme, $4 Colgate, $3 Garnier)

Wait a minute! Where's my $15 WC ($10 WYS $40, $5 WYB 2 Maybelline)? Ugh! I have to wait until I get home to check my account. I did earn $7 WYS $35 Booster, so I decided to stack it with my Digital booster in my 2nd transaction

Trans 2

3 x Maybelline Baby Lips B2G1F $10.98

2 x Colgate t/p 9.00

2 x Garnier shampoo 8.00

2 x Tresemme 12.00

1 x Dawn 1.29

Less Maybelline DQ (6.00)

Less Colgate DQ (2.00)

Less Garnier DQ (3.00)

Less Tresemme DQ (5.00)

Tax 2.48

OOP $27.75

Earned $7 WC (WYS $35) + $12 RR ($5 Tresemme, $4 Colgate, $3 Garnier)

Ugh!!! The receipt only printed my opening balance, so I can't see what I earned. I tried the app, but it kept shutting down, so again I have to wait until I get home. 

When I finally checked my account, I saw that my digital boosters were for Spend $45 not $40! 🀦This was my own darn mistake! I especially added the Dawn to get my total to $40 πŸ˜‚

I actually added everything to my cart online and it showed my $10 WC earnings, but I had 3 Crest ($15) instead of Colgate in that order. I didn't want to spend too much OOP, so I switched to Colgate and ended up messing things up myself. Phew, Wags get a pass this time πŸ˜‚ I know what happened. Everyone in my coupon group talked about their spend $40 boosters and posted scenarios, so I thought mine was for $40 too. The Q itself only displays $10, but you have to click on the Q to see the spend total. Sigh. Lesson learned.

I contacted CS about the Maybelline deal, but they said it's an online deal only. WTH Wags! How do you offer a deal and not state that it's online only? 😑 I love the Baby lips, so I'm not too upset about getting it at such a low price. That $10 reward would've been nice though.

Breakdown:

Number of items purchased: 20

Total Qs used : $32

Total Rewards used : $10.00

Total Rewards earned (RR, WC, Ibotta, Fetch): $31 (I haven't scanned my receipts yet)

Total OOP : $45.50 ($2.27 per item - this includes sales tax)

Total Retail value : $103.40 (excl tax)

Definitely not my best work, but I'm happy to be stocking up again. My gut is still telling me to keep this stockpiling thing going, so that's what I'm doing. 

Have a wonderful weekend peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Laid Plans

Hi everyone Well, I had these grand plans to get blogging regularly again and then ended up sick last Monday. I initially thought it was the...