Monday, January 15, 2024

Menu Plan Monday 01/15/24

Brrr, it is bitterly cold. I hope everyone's safe & warm. I'm so glad I felt well enough to run most of my errands on Thursday. I had planned on taking DS out after cooking was done yesterday, but it was way too cold me us to venture out. So today we're hitting a bunch of places - maybe. It's still icy cold, so I don't know if it's a good idea to drag DS to a bunch of stores. I might just run errands when he's at school tomorrow. 

Yesterday we did a whole bunch of cooking. Despite sleeping late, I was in the zone and so was DS. He helped quite a lot, which enabled me to get a lot more done. He had his food prep tasks, while I handled others.  Here's our menu for the week.

Monday : Slow cooker meatballs & spaghetti, salad, garlic bread

Tuesday : Ham, spinach & mushroom quiche

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Chicken wraps with baked beans & fries

Saturday : Homemade burgers, fries & salad

Breakfasts : Cranberry almond muffins, bagels with cream cheese, cereal, eggs or omelets, toast, cranberry orange pancakes (DS was very happy to eat pancakes from the freezer, all weekend long)

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad

Dessert : Still no dessert

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available

That ham was such a blessing. I sliced and diced the whole thing & froze in individual bags. I've been adding it to our omelets every day and then decided to just make quiche for dinner. I only ended up using half a baggie, so I can see this ham lasting for quite some time. I need to figure out more recipes. 

Besides our dinners, I made BBQ chicken breasts (for wraps and salads), baked 2 dozen samosas since the oven was already on & made a batch of pico de gallo for snacking with tortilla chips. 

I made a huge batch of meatballs and froze most of it for future use. This way I can just add it to my slow cooker with sauce & veggies. Easy peasy. Any leftover slow cooker meatballs can be used for meatball subs. I'm trying to get more creative with leftovers. I'll say it again. I CAN'T WAIT to move & get a freezer! I can do all kinds of meal prep this way. I like having my life simplified.   

Have a wonderful day peeps! Stay healthy, safe & warm!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like another week of fantastic eating at your place.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I am in the zone and can knock out several things at once. It's cold and snowing here, so we are staying home as they roll up the sidewalks here when it snows. LOL
    Your meals sound so good. I love Pico de gallo anytime, it's really good with beans too. That ham certainly does sound like a blessing. You will get a lot of meals out of that. With just two of us here eating I've noticed we eat so much less food now, so thank goodness we have freezers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.. I love that sidewalk comment. I've seen many jokes about how southerners panic at the sight of a few snowflakes. Oh yeah, I love my pico with all kinds of mexican food. I cook a pot of beans almost every week. We also eat less with just the 2 of us, but that will change once we move. This is why I cook fewer meals, so we have less waste. Hope you both stay safe & warm.

      Delete

Aldi for the win & Wags grrrrr!

Hi everyone It's been another crazy week! I've had 2 days of back to back errands. Yesterday included the dreaded dentist & erra...