Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Stockpiling items of the week 01/14/24



Baby, it's cold! ❆⛄, but I braved those frigid temps to run my errands. Let's start of with an easy MM deal at CVS

Buy 2 Softsoap/Irish Spring (mix & match) earn $4 EB

1 x Softsoap b/w $6.99
1 x Irish Spring b/w 6.59
Less Softsoap DQ (2.00)
Less Irish Spring DQ (2.00)
Less EB (0.23)
Tax 0.64
OOP $7.35

Earn $4 EB and submit to Swagbucks for 200 SB ($2) each on both items. So a small MM of $0.65. 

I would have preferred 2 Softsoap, but my cost would've been much higher. I had a stray 23c EB on my account and decided to use that. I need to build up my EBs again. This is a super easy deal. Just clip your DQs and head to your nearest CVS. Then submit to Swagbucks. 


I was surprised that our schools weren't closed today, because it's so frigid out there. It was a crazy errand day. It was one of those 'whatever can go wrong, will go wrong' days. I ended up getting home shortly before DS. His bus arrived half an hour early. Phew! Then shortly thereafter, we received notification of school closing tomorrow (picture me thanking my lucky stars that I ran errands today). I can't believe the kids had to go to school today. It is icy cold! I can't wait for this Arctic Blast to pass. 

Well, Meijer came through for the win! I did pretty big shopping trip. I had a plan and just stocked up on a few things since I'm already at the store. 

The good stockpiling items for this week are:

Blueberries - $2.99/pint 

8 lb Oranges - $4.99

Dave's Killer Bread $5.89 (less $1 DQ, less $1.25 Ibotta) = $3.64

OEP Taco shells 3/$5 (less $1/3 DQ, less $1/2 Ibotta) = $3/3 or $1 each

So my plan was to get blueberries at Aldi last week. I ended up going to the store during the later part of the week (due to being sick), only to discover that my Aldi ads now runs from Wednesday to Tuesday. Ugh!  I already hate that Kroger does this. Just start the sale at the beginning of the week, so it makes sense. So, no Aldi blueberries for me. Well, that turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because the Aldi blueberries were on sale for $3.69 or $3.89. Almost $1 more than Meijer's. I bought 5 pints. It's a staple in our house. 

Same thing happened with the oranges at Kroger. The price was the same, but Kroger didn't even have the item in stock or shelf space for it last week 😠

I didn't plan on buying this much bread. However, the Mperks Q applies to all like items, but it's a one time use. So you need to buy the amount you want/need in one transaction, to take advantage of the discount. I like this bread, but it costs more than I'd like to pay. I can get it at Costco for a little over $4 each, but I rarely go to Costco. I like the thin slices, because it helps me eat less without even trying 😂

I bought a pile of other items, including puff pastry. DS wants his 'sausage rolls' 😊 My total after sales & discounts came to $99.82....BUT.. I cashed in pop cans to the tune of $30.50 and I still had $20 CATs from the Kleenex deal. So I paid with those and my OOP was $49.32. Then I submitted to Ibotta for Dave's & OEP and earned $6. Submitted OEP to Swagbucks and hope that credits another $1. I also earned a $3.50 CAT for Pringles. Total earnings - $11.50.

Breakdown:

Total cost after discounts = $99.82

Less CATs & bottle deposit (50.50)

OOP : $49.32

Earned : $11.50

Number of items purchased : 39 ($1.26 per item)

Meijer receipts say I saved $53.41. So I bought $153.23 worth of groceries for $49.32 and earned back $11.50. Thank you Meijer!

Besides a few fresh produce items and milk, we are all set on groceries for the rest of the month. I'm happy about that. 

Have a wonderful evening peeps! Stay healthy, safe & warm. 

4 comments:

  1. Such great deals! Sounds like the blueberries from Aldi did work out in your favor! LOL Glad you were able to get them from Meijer's. Schools are supposed to be open here tomorrow, but it is still bitter cold. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! I'm very happy that I didn't find the sale blueberries at Aldi. Brr, I hope it warms up for you guys soon. Our school schedule was a mess this week.

      Delete
  2. Once again you have done very well stock piling for very little outlay.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Aldi for the win & Wags grrrrr!

Hi everyone It's been another crazy week! I've had 2 days of back to back errands. Yesterday included the dreaded dentist & erra...