Friday, January 19, 2024

Odds & Ends

 It's been another crazy week. Monday was a holiday. Tuesday, the schools in our city and neighboring cities were all open, despite the frigid temps. DS arrived home half hour early that day. Wednesday all schools were closed. Yesterday morning, we had some snow (not much, but the roads were bad) and the bus arrived half an hour late. Today we got some more snow and DS had a substitute driver, so the bus arrived an hour late. I understand that there are some things that we can't control, but this throws me off schedule. I'm a smooth sailing kinda girl. 

Here's what's been happening at Casa Goose lately:

  • Received my $15 P&G rebate

  • Redeemed for $10 Microsoft Rewards gc

  • Redeemed $25 Mypoints gc

  • Redeemed $20 Ibotta Walmart gc. This covered a package of chicken (4lbs) and 3pk cucumbers at Sams

  • Received another $5 WHBM reward

  • Stocked up on Dunkin Donuts coffee at Sams. DD currently has $6 Instant Savings (limit 5). Costco normally has this deal, but they don't carry Decaf. Their price is also higher than Sams'. So I bought 3 decaf containers (only available online). Shipping for the first item is $5, then it kept adding around 18-20c per item (up to 3). Anything more than that had high shipping costs again. So I ordered 3, used a $25 gc that I earned from Swagbucks and I'm now set on coffee for over a year. I already have regular Dunkin for BF. DS doesn't drink coffee.

    I like to purchase these at Sams, because their price is the lowest. $16.48 (after discount) for 45 oz. That comes to $0.37 per ounce

    vs 

    12 oz bag for $8.59 at grocery store (even more at drugstore), which comes to $0.72/oz. Even if you pay full price at Sams, it still costs at least 22c/oz less than purchasing anywhere else. 

    Why do I love Dunkin? South African coffee contains chicory and Dunkin Donuts is the closest thing in taste to it. Cafe du Monde coffee tastes similar too, but it costs more than Dunkin and isn't available everywhere.

  • Pulled some old long sleeved sleepshirts to wear during the Arctic blast and realised that I've worn it for 11 years. I bought these, because my luggage went missing the last time we went to CT. I was without luggage for 3 whole days, so I had to buy all new clothes. These pjs have held up well over the years and are still in good shape. 

  • Swagbucks rejected my CVS receipt. Ugh, I have forgotten how crappy they are with redemptions. That's why I never bother with them. Back to skipping magic receipts again.

  • On the plus side. I've discovered that you can earn points through Trivia, without waiting for Live Trivia. I just do my Trivia (I love all kinds of Trivia) on the app. Only 10 questions, but you can earn SB from it. Guess who almost scored full points today? Well, I actually had the correct answer for the one I got wrong, but changed my mind 🤦
     
  • On another positive note. Hideoutv is working again, so I'm trying to earn points on there again. I'll take whatever I can get, even if it's just $10-25. 

  • Checked my Rakuten account and saw that I'm only getting a $44 Big Fat Check next month. How on earth? I've had over $100 in my account since Christmas and was looking forward to that check. Ugh!

  • I'm working on a new earning/saving strategy. Nothing major. At least not yet. This is going to take some work (trial & error), but I might be onto something good here. I have lots of ideas floating around in my head. 

  • I also have lots of new post ideas. Can my thoughts just magically jump onto blogger so I can just hit publish when I'm ready 😂

I know there's a few more things, but I can't think of it right now. I'm cold & tired. 

Have a wonderful weekend peeps. Stay healthy, safe & warm. 

6 comments:

  1. Hello! Sounds like you've had a productive week. Isn't it amazing how much better quality clothing was just a few years ago? I was going through my closet and noticed that I have some sweaters that are probably 10-15 years old and they are so much better quality than what you can get now. It's not just clothes though, it seems like it's almost everything. Stay warm! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I too, have many older items that have far better quality. The stuff they manufacture these days, are just horrible! Every single thing is of a poor quality lately.

      Delete
  2. Like you I have a few things that have withstood the test of time. Two nightgowns that are 10 years old, some good black pants that are at least 15 years old and my dress winter coat that is close to 20 years old now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful for those old, quality items I still own Jackie! I can't begin to imagine how much all the new, low quality items will cost people, because it constantly has to be replaced.

      Delete
  3. Yes, it is soi cold! Brrrrr.....I have to ask what brand the sleep shirts are that they have lasted 11 years?! That is great quality! I don't do magic receipts on SB either for that reason. I'll just stick with what I know works like you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have warmer temps again - 30s...lol. Those sleepshirts are a South African brand that you can't buy anywhere else in the world. I'm glad I got 2 and my family also sent me 2 others about 17 years ago. One has a bleach spot, but the quality's still great so I'm still wearing it. Saving my $$$ and enjoying the cotton feel :)

      Delete

Aldi for the win & Wags grrrrr!

Hi everyone It's been another crazy week! I've had 2 days of back to back errands. Yesterday included the dreaded dentist & erra...