Monday, January 29, 2024

Menu Plan Monday 01/28/24

It's been a busy day.  I hit 6 stores and spent under $50 OOP. I didn't plan on going out, but the deals are too good to waste any time waiting to shop. Stay tuned for deals/stockpiling posts tomorrow. It's a good week to shop at Wags. On to our menu plan for the week.


Monday : Beef pie, veggies, salad

Tuesday : Pesto chicken casserole with mashed potatoes & veggies

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Tacos with side salad 

Saturday : Red Robin - maybe

Breakfasts : Banana oatmeal muffins, eggs or omelets, breakfast sausage, chocolate brioche french toast, cereal

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad (fries for DS)

Dessert : Still no dessert - there's still pumpkin pie & holiday cookies in the freezer if we ever want dessert

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available

I used some of the leftover roast beef from the freezer to make a beef pie. I'm trying to incorporate some freezer items into my menu plan, so it can be used up. I also made frikkadel, fresh pico, prepped our salad fixings, diced and froze onions, peppers & herbs for omelets. I was in food prep mode, so I just did whatever I could and there's plenty to eat. 

DS loves tacos, so I bought some soft taco boats and will make my avocado bean salsa/mix (I haven't made it in ages) to go with the taco meat on Friday. 

Have a wonderful evening peeps. Stay healthy, safe & warm. 

4 comments:

  1. We both love tacos here and I got some of the Old El Paso cones to try. They look interesting. Beef pie sounds delicious! Using roast from your freezer is smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew about the cones. Thanks for mentioning it! I definitely have to try it. I love the taco boats, because you can fill it with so much more than you can add to the taco shells.

      Delete
  2. Yummy. Your menu sounds awesome.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Aldi for the win & Wags grrrrr!

Hi everyone It's been another crazy week! I've had 2 days of back to back errands. Yesterday included the dreaded dentist & erra...