Thursday, January 25, 2024

How I scored 6 dresses for $112

This is a long overdue post. I mentioned buying 3 dresses for $38 before, but I figured I'll just give a full breakdown of the past few months.


Up first. I bought this plain sheath dress. Not that I needed it 😂I actually bought it, because I wanted to get a pair of pumps that's similar to my favorite shoes. Well, it was a 'Buy more, save more' sale. The more you purchased, the bigger the discount. I needed 3 items to score an extra 50% off the sale price. There wasn't much else that tickled my fancy at a low price, so I bought this dress for $14.99. It's simple. It's basic, but you can do so much with it. 


Up next, the bargain of the year! Not my usual style, as the sleeves looked very puffy online, but at $6.98 I wasn't going to say No 😂 I figured that if I didn't like it, I could just sell it for a profit. I also wear very little red. It was only available in size 2, which was perfect since it's a shift dress (which is more loose than a sheath dress). I knew that if I sized down, it wouldn't be too loose. Well, I was pleasantly surprised when the dress arrived. It fits like a glove and the sleeves aren't even as bad as it looks in the pics, so I'm definitely keeping it. 


Another one that's not my usual style. I don't wear this much clothes (fabric really) 😂 and I'm not really into long dresses. This dress has a LOT of fabric. It's a beautiful eyelet fabric. (my reason for purchasing). When I was a pre-teen, my mom bought me a pink 3 piece eyelet suit for Christmas (knee length skirt, sleeveless top, short sleeve jacket). We always wore new clothes at Christmas. It's a South African tradition. Everyone gets new clothes for Christmas and the summer holidays (Christmas falls during summer & everyone's on vacation). Everyone's clothes were purchased through Lay-away. We didn't have credit cards back then. I remember that the store didn't have the whole suit, but since they had 2 locations at that shopping center, we were able to find the 3rd piece at the 2nd location. I loved that suit and couldn't wait to wear it. I guess my love for suits started then 😂 I was so happy that skirt was lined, because I hated wearing petticoats. Does anyone remember wearing petticoats and stockings? Thank goodness that is something of the past. I didn't mind stockings, but petticoats were the work of the devil 😂

I will admit that I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of fabric on this dress, but once I tried it on, I had a change of heart. It's really pretty. This one set me back $14.99



Well, this was a total splurge. I've had my eye on this dress for almost a year (notice how long I wait to purchase something I like. That's because I'm waiting for rock bottom prices). Well, this baby set me back $39.99, but it was totally worth it. When I saw the sale price, I didn't think twice. I'm glad I bought it, because it's now sold out. You will notice that I stick to simplicity. I will buy simple items that has a small twist to make it stand out (I know how to accessorize it). This is one of those dresses and it fits beautifully. The fabric quality has gone downhill though. It's not bad, but it's not the usual quality I'm used to. So, I'm glad I bought a bunch of dresses, because I'm not interested in spending money on poor quality items. I can take a break from retailers. Maybe, because I just received rewards from 2 stores again. Boy, I'm getting sucked in again 😂 Well, what's a girl supposed to do when they give you free money? 😂

And of course these 2 dresses that I bought before. 

Total OOP : $111.94 (excluding tax, since Rakuten covered my tax)

Retail value : $1014.15

That's a savings of 89%!

Now before anyone thinks I'm excessive, please remember that there's Method to my madness. Think about it. If you need to go out & purchase a dress for an event, how much is it going to set you back? $100? More? Maybe, because you'll probably end up paying full price for it. Not me! I'll go into my spare closet and take my pick of one of my clearance dresses. Easy peasy. By shopping rock bottom clearance, I'm saving myself money long term (I know our needs). I buy classic, timeless styles, so my clothing never goes out of style.

Next time I'll show you how I can wear that first dress 20 or more different ways. 

Have a wonderful day peeps!

6 comments:

  1. Scores! You did great! I, like you, am not a fan of the maxi dresses with so much fabric. I just feel like I would trip on it, but I'm glad yours works for you. All three of them are very nice.

    I love that you wait until it goes down in price. I was waiting to buy some leggings, but they are sold out of my size right now, but I'm hoping they will get them back in stock asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! If a price doesn't decrease to an amount that I'm comfortable paying, I don't buy the item. I'm actually very disciplined when it comes to shopping :)

      It's rare for clearance items to come back in stock, because retailers are trying to clear out their old inventory to make room for new ones. I'm hoping that your store is different and that you'll be able to acquire the leggings at the sale price. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. All those dresses are gorgeous. What great deals.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those dresses are beautiful and the prices insane :). Your posts always inspire me to do better.

    ReplyDelete

Aldi for the win & Wags grrrrr!

Hi everyone It's been another crazy week! I've had 2 days of back to back errands. Yesterday included the dreaded dentist & erra...