Saturday, February 17, 2024

More drugstore shopping

Hi everyone

My apologies for my absence. I haven't been sleeping well again & I was just plumb tuckered out by yesterday and didn't have the energy to post (I actually had other posts planned) or do anything else. I decided to knock myself out for the night (only way I'll get decent sleep) and was in front of the tv by 8pm, lights out a few minutes later (I don't know why I bother to turn on the tv) and slept for 2 hours. Checked on DS and back to bed for the night. Well, I at least got some sleep.

I decided to run a bunch of errands today, since I felt refreshed & the sun was out. DS was not too happy with me, but he got over it fast. I thought "yeah kiddo. I sacrifice my time, energy & sometimes sanity (just ask Wags), so you can enjoy many luxuries" It dawned on me that couponing is like having a part time job (or should I say Side Hustle πŸ˜‚). We spend some money, we make some money and our families live well. They even get to try new brands and products we might not have been able to afford otherwise. All the money we save, allows us to splurge in other areas too. I have to admit that it's a fun part time job. 

 


In my quest to not spend any money at RA this year, I started off by purchasing gcs (Yes, I bought gcs, but they retain their original value). RA has the monthly gc deal - Buy $100 select gcs, earn $20 BC (limit 5). I'm not too happy with the selection, but I can work with it. I have a plan 😊 There are other weekly gc deals too. I already had some BC from a gc deal I did a few weeks ago. 

Trans 1

$300 gcs. 

Earned $56 BC + $9 CC.

Total earned : $65.00 Not bad for 2 minutes of work. Easy money 😊

My receipt also printed  $10/50 and $14/$69 Qs.


Trans 2

3 x Tide liquid @ $12.99 ea = $38.97

2 x Tide pods @ 12.99 ea = 25.98

Less Tide liquid DQ (3.00)

Less Tide pods DQ (3.00)

Less 10/50 Q (10.00)

Tax 3.30

OOP : $52.25 - Paid with BC, so $0 OOP

Earned $25 BC ($15 WYS $45 PG, $10 WYS $50 in ad Q) + $14 (WYS $56 Tide) BCC (bi-monthly deal)

Total earned : $39.00

I just saw that the same P&G deal is available within 2 weeks again, so I'll probably do my Gain & Crest BCC then. 

Then to my favorite (sarcasm) store to burn some RRs - No name needed πŸ˜‚

Sorry, no pics since its the same items that I purchased earlier this week, just with a cluster thrown in.

Trans 1

4 x Crest t/p $16.00

2 x Dove shampoo 8.00

Less RR (5.00)

Less Dove DQ (2.00)

Tax 1.14

OOP $18.14

Earned $11 RR ($6 Crest, $5 Dove) + $6 WC (see below)

Total earned $17


*&^%#$^&*@#%^$ 😑😑😑Wags. I did not expect this high total. Firstly, my $6 Crest DQ didn't deduct. I couldn't see everything on the screen, so I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then the cashier already hit total, so I couldn't use points (I friggin hate this at Wags). I have tons of WC to use. Why would I wanna pay cash?!! I was so mad, but I didn't take it out on the cashier. I just politely thanked her and did my 2nd transaction. Contacted CS when I got home and they added $6 WC.

Trans 2

2 x Dove shampoo $8.00

Charity donation 1.00

Less RR (5.00)

Less WC (3.00) I was prepared this time!

Tax 0.18

OOP $1.18

Earned $5 RR

I didn't notice the charitable donation until I got home. Where on earth does this come from? Seriously Wags!! Yes, it's only $1, but I don't even know how it got added to my account - that's what makes me angry. I like being in control of things and know where everything comes from. I like to have all my ducks in a row. That's what made me so good at my job. The books balanced 99% of the time, because I knew exactly where every penny fits in. Does that make me a geek? πŸ˜‚

Submitted all my receipts to Fetch & P&G. 

I need a game plan to use up all my RRs. I have RRs expiring next week, the week after and the week after that. Next week's deals don't look good so I need a miracle. I also need to spend down my WC. I have too much available. I should teach BF how to use it so he can use some rewards to buy himself snacks or drinks when he has to work late. 

A funny story. One of the ladies in my Wags coupon group posted about how her husband bought her a single rose and card at Wags for valentines day. The cashier asked if he wanted to use the WC that was available on the account, so he did just that. He was very proud of himself (paying so little OOP, thinking he saved them some money) when he explained to his wife how he used her last WC to buy her a gift with her own moneyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

I also need to build up my BC. I need him to get a RA account too. That way we can earn double the rewards. RA's giving us free HBA and household items this year. It's gonna be interesting to see just how much $$$ RA's gonna be saving us this year. Gotta love free shopping!

Have a wonderful weekend peeps!

10 comments:

  1. Your WAGS group story....I was not so silently screaming to myself here over that one. I think if we have a spouse, we've all been there. lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.. I knew you'd understand Sluggy. You should've seen the comments lol (the group is over 300k strong). He used her last $10 rewards!!! Thankfully, I have the opposite problem. I have too many rewards that need to be spent before it expires. Plus I'm trying to spend down my RRs too. I guess it's a good problem to have.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you got enough sleep to finally feel a bit rested. You always do so well on saving money. It really is like a part time job to shop and spend as wisely as possible. I always say I have two full time jobs, one at the hospital and one at home. I would be a bit ticked if I saw they added something to my total without me knowing. That should never be allowed. I hope you have a wonderful week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I slept well last night. I don't know how you manage with a full time job too. It takes a lot of work to save money, but it's so rewarding. I was upset, because the cashier never asked about the donation, nor did the screen prompt for it, so it's weird it happened. Cashier must've hit the wrong key somehow. I hope you too, have a wonderful week. I'm headed to your blog.

      Delete
  3. Nicely done. I haven't been sleeping well as well. Hope you get those much needed zzzz's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hena. I slept so well last night, I overslept this morning. I hope you get some good rest too.

      Delete
  4. I laughed at what your hubby did. 10/10 for trying though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to give him credit for trying...lol. It's not my hubby though. I only have a BF & an ex husband and my ex knows I won't accept any gifts from him.

      Delete
  5. The donation thing would have bugged me too. I want to know what I am donating to. I donate often but am intentional about doing so.
    As always your totals are impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa! I'm the exact same way. I like to know where my donations are going, so I donate to those in need, privately.

      Delete

Menu Plan Monday 04/29/30

Baby it's hot!!!🌞🌞🌞 I'm loving this nicer weather though. I've been awake since 4am, but sunshine makes me feel energized. I ...