Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Stockpiling items of the week & a Wags trip

Hi everyone

The deals seem to be rather lackluster lately. I haven't been to RA & CVS in weeks and the grocery stores are no better. Only Wags seem to keep the deals coming, but their deals have been on repeat for 2-3 weeks now & next week looks even worse. 

Stockpiling items of the week

Kroger (starting tomorrow)

18 oz Blueberries $2.99

16 oz Strawberries $2.99

I've been paying over $7 for 2lbs strawberries at Sams and it's not even good strawberries. It's completely white on the inside & tasteless

Wags

Buy 2 Dove or Tresemme, earn $5 RR (Dove is definitely the better deal)

2 x Dove shampoo $8.00

Less DQ (2.00)

OOP $6.00

Earn $5 RR. That's like paying 50c per bottle after rewards




Well, Wags sent me a $10 WYS $30 on Valentines, $7 WYS $40 Boosters & I had a $7 WYS $40 paper booster, so I said "Challenge accepted" 😂 Of course I'm going to take advantage of a free $24 deal 😂, cause I had a bunch of RRs that I needed to redeem. Free money & using RRs sounds like a winner to me. But in typical Wags fashion, things went south. Here's what I did.

Trans 1

4 x Chocolate $23.96
3 x Chocolate B1G2nd 50% off $8.97
4 x Crest t/p 16.00
Less Crest DQ (6.00)
Less RRs (24.00)
Tax 0.96
OOP $19.89
Earned $24 WC ($7 WYS $40, $7 WYS $40, $10 WYS $30) + $6 RR (Crest)
Total earned $30

Ugh, Sigh, Boo, Hiss! The chocolate is clearanced to $4.19 online. I asked the cashier if they price match their online prices and the shift supervisor (a really rude woman who doesn't like me for telling her she's rude - she's been extremely rude to me twice) said no. Wags slogan should be 'Wags, where everyone makes up their own rules'. I've read from other couponers that some of their stores price match online prices. Okay, I was kinda prepared for this. Just like I was prepared for the toothpaste deal. I wanted the $3 Crest, but my store only had 3 and I knew that the $6 DQ wouldn't attach if I mix & matched, so I just bought the $4 toothpaste. No biggie.

What I wasn't prepared for was Ibotta not working on the candy. I was expecting another $3.75 back, but it didn't work on these size bags. The size Ibotta has listed, isn't even available in store. Sigh!

Well, DS's classmates were all happy with their candy, so it's a win in my book. 

Trans 2

2 x Dove conditioner $8.00
Less Dove DQ (2.00)
Less WC (5.00)
Tax 0.48
OOP $1.48
Earned $5 RR

I'm so glad both Dove Qs didn't attach last week, because the deal is much better this week. I still have a Q to use on my other account, so I can earn back my $3 on Fetch. 

I still have a bunch of RRs to use next week. Wags gave me another $7 WYS $40 paper booster, but I'm not biting. I might just do a bunch of Dove deals this week, cause I don't see anything good next week. The toothpaste rewards are much lower, so it's not worth buying then. I have a CVS reward that expires tomorrow too, so I need to redeem that. 

Have a wonderful evening peeps!

8 comments:

  1. I like your Wags tag line....so true in my many experiences in the past with various Wags stores. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a far more colorful tag line for Wags..lol, but some folks might be offended.

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentines day to you. You did very well once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! Hope you had a Blessed Ash Wednesday!

      Delete
  3. Rude cashiers are the worst! It's too bad they wouldn't price match the online price. The candy looks delicious and how sweet of you to let DS have it to share with his classmates. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot stand rudeness Belinda. It takes nothing to be kind & friendly to others. Between the Christmas & all other clearance candy, I was able to provide for the entire classroom & still have some left over.

      Delete
  4. It is hard for me to shop in Walgreens because it is hard to stand. So, when no one knew what the ad meant or if they carried the item, I just quit trying, quit shopping there.
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never noticed that they don't have scooters at the drugstores. Might not be easy to navigate, since their aisles aren't as wide as the grocery stores. Their employees are clueless. It's always been this way. It's rare to find someone who understands how anything works there.

      Delete

Aldi for the win & Wags grrrrr!

Hi everyone It's been another crazy week! I've had 2 days of back to back errands. Yesterday included the dreaded dentist & erra...