Monday, April 22, 2024

Menu Plan Monday 04/22/24

Happy Earth Day everyone! Boy, do the days seem to fly by. I'm thankful for abundant sunshine and warmer temps. I've had a busy weekend cooking, so here's what we're eating this week.

Monday : Slow cooker roast beef, baked potatoes, veggies, gravy

Tuesday : BBQ pulled chicken wraps, baked beans, potato salad

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Avocado chicken salad croissant sandwiches, sweet potato fries

Saturday : Red Robin (DS)

Breakfasts : Cranberry almond muffins, blueberry pancakes, eggs or omelets, toast, chocolate brioche or raisin bread french toast, cereal

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad 

Dessert : I'm not making dessert until we finish whatever sweets are in the freezer (pumpkin pie & chocolate cookies). Those cookies are bad. I can't eat just one, they're so yummy. It's my secret recipe cookies.  I think we should finish the pumpkin pie this week. 

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available

I also made Smokies sausage rolls for DS for lunch and pico for snacking. 

The plan was to have mashed potatoes with the roast, but we don't like day old mashed potatoes so I decided on baked potatoes. 

The avocado chicken salad is basically guacamole mixed with cooked chicken.

I'm trying to cook lighter meals now that the weather is nicer, but I've been craving that roast beef. I like a roast, because I shred the leftover meat for pot pies, so it gives us multiple meals. Last week I pulled the last of the beef pie mix from the freezer and made individual pot pies for DS for lunch. Easy peasy and we don't have to fix sandwiches or wraps for lunch every day. I like having my life simplified 😊

Have a wonderful week peeps!

2 comments:

  1. YUM, BBQ Chicken sounds good and we've not had that for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu sounds just wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Menu Plan Monday 04/29/30

Baby it's hot!!!🌞🌞🌞 I'm loving this nicer weather though. I've been awake since 4am, but sunshine makes me feel energized. I ...