Monday, May 20, 2024

Menu Plan Monday 05/20/24

 


Hi everyone

I spent most of yesterday in the kitchen, cooking & baking. I was very thankful for all that labor, because I just had to heat & eat all my meals today. No cooking and hardly any dishes to clean. I'm loving it! Here's what's on the menu for this week

Monday : Korean BBQ stir fry with brown rice

Tuesday : Chicken pot pie, veggies & salad

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Italian sausage/onions/peppers on sub buns, potato salad, baked beans salad

Saturday : Red Robin (DS)

Breakfasts : Banana oatmeal muffins, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast sausage, eggs or omelets, toast, chocolate brioche or raisin bread french toast, cereal, muesli

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad 

Dessert : I'm not making dessert until we finish whatever sweets are in the freezer (pumpkin pie & chocolate cookies). We still haven't eaten the pumpkin pie. All I want is ice cream for milkshakes. Meijer has some on sale this week & I have a DQ, so I'm going to buy some. DS will be very happy. 

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available.

I also made a dozen smokies/hot dog 'sausage rolls' for DS and some fresh pico for snacks with tortilla chips. 

It's been years since I made breakfast sandwiches. It's not the prettiest, but it tastes good. I made my own bread rolls. I intentionally overbake them, because I love the flavor or darker baked breads & cookies (Belinda will understand 😊). Meijer had breakfast sausage on sale last week, so I stocked up. I bought links and patties, cause Johnsonville is my preferred brand. The best part about making your own breakfast sandwiches is that you can modify the ingredients to your liking. I just used sausage patty (it's a bit on the small size compared to my roll), slice of white cheddar cheese, eggs with onions, peppers & broccoli (I'm replacing broccoli with spinach tomorrow) and add a slice of tomato.

 

 I cook my eggs fresh daily, because I'm extremely picky about eggs. 

  • I won't eat cold eggs. 

  • I don't like eggs that have been flipped over during cooking. My mother & oldest brother both do that.

  • I prefer sunny side up eggs. No broken yolks or I won't eat it. My father spoiled me with this, because he cooked the perfect eggs and he's the only one I ever allowed to make eggs for me. The yolk must be a little soft, so it's still a bit runny. 

  • I never order eggs at restaurants, because I don't know if I'll get the perfect egg. I also don't want something like Egg beaters or other egg substitutes. I prefer the real deal.

  • I prefer to have the eggs seasoned while it's cooking, so it can soak up the seasoning - heavy on the pepper

  • I don't eat boiled eggs. I'll eat eggs in any other form, but don't anyone dare offer me boiled eggs. 

Our new Friday night dinners have been switched to Italian sausage. I love Italian sausage just for that fennel flavor. I cook it on the grill with peppers & onions. The best part - DS doesn't even miss fries, cause the potato salad is so good. So, we'll be eating this until we get tired of it. 

Bon Appetit Peeps! 

6 comments:

  1. All of your meals and snacks sound delicious. The breakfast sandwich looks really good. Have you ever had deviled eggs? I love a good deviled egg. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I'm afraid no deviled eggs for me, cause it's made with (hard)boiled eggs. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

      Delete
  2. You've made me hungry, all of that sounds delicious. I have a freebie Red Robin burger I need to use before the end of the month. Yes, we love darker breads and stuff. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! Enjoy your free burger. Don't forget you can get bottomless sides with it.

      Delete
  3. Yummy, is all that I can say.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Best Laid Plans

Hi everyone Well, I had these grand plans to get blogging regularly again and then ended up sick last Monday. I initially thought it was the...