Thursday, May 23, 2024

This week's drugstore shopping



PSA - my new desktop keyboard (numeric part) is acting up (I've only used it for a few weeks. sigh), so if you notice missing zeros, it's because of the keyboard. As a former accountant, I only use the numeric keyboard (right side). I never use the numbers above the letters. Old habits are hard to break.

Wags, the good, the bad & the stick a bloody fork in me version. I walked into Wags and everything started out great! Found 3 OS Captain b/w. They normally only have 1 or 2 bottles, knowing that the $5/3 Q only works when you purchase the same scent/fragrance. So yeah, I was very happy to find my guys' favorite scent. Then they were fully stocked on the $3 Crest. This is hit or miss at all locations. Got everything on my list. Well, I wanted Persil, but this location doesn't carry it & I had a plan B (Covergirl), so no biggie. Weeeeeeeelllll, that good mood only lasted until checkout. Here's what happened.

Trans 1

2 x Crest t/p $6.00
Less DQ (3.00)
Less WC (3.00) 
Tax 0.36
OOP $0.36
Earn $3 WC (see the long cluster below)

Okay, so no RRs printed. I did this transaction first so I could earn a $7/40 Booster to double dip on my next transaction. Bummer

Trans 2

3 x OS b/w $21.00
2 x Crest t/p 6.00
2 x Colgate t/b 9.00
1 x Covergirl mascara 6.79
4 x Wags single roll t/p 3.16 (fillers so I could use my RRs)
Less OS DQ (5.00)
Less Crest DQ (2.00)
Less Colgate DQ (4.00)
Less Covergirl DQ (3.00)
Less RRs (17.00)
Tax 2.76
OOP $17.71

Earn $10 WC + $12 WC (to replace RRs $5 OS, $3 Crest, $4 Colgate) + $3 Ibotta (Covergirl)
Total earned $25.00

So no RRs printed after the 2nd transaction either, so I knew that the CAT machine wasn't working. Had the manager called, explained situation and asked her to either re-ring the items at a different register or add points to my account. Firstly, they love to tell me that it didn't print, because I paid with RRs. So I had to explain to her that RRs are never ever affected when you pay with any types of rewards. Please note that this is the Store manager. Wags needs to pay me more for now having to train store managers about their rewards program too. Oh wait, Wags doesn't pay me at all 🤦😂

So she re-rings everything, but it's not all smooth sailing. Then they expect payment from me again 🤦 Sigh, did you guys give me back any cash after voiding the transaction? So we complete the transaction and nothing prints again. The manager's a nice person, so I'm being my polite self, cause I'm trying to help both myself & them. I still had a bunch of other errands to run. So I told her I can't get wifi to show her the ad and she then said they don't have wifi. Aha! that's why I can't ever get my phone to work in their stores. So I run back to the shelves and take pics of the tags with rewards details. Back to the register and finally got the $12 rewards added. This is the abridged version of what happened.

Then I remembered that the Crest from Trans 1 should've printed a $3 RR too, so I asked her to add points on that account too. She said that they can only do 2 reward refunds (she split mine into $10 + $2). I told her it's for a different account. No, she can't do that. So I asked her to process a return for the Crest, so she said she'll add the points. What the bloody hell?! You just told me you couldn't issue another reward. Ugh!!!! So she issues $2 reward and asked if everything's good. I said it should've been $3, but it doesn't matter (by then I had been in the store for over ½ hour and wanted to get out to run my other errands before DS got home). So she said she'll add another $1. I said it's not necessary, but she said she's doing her job. I thanked her and left. 

Now, she was really nice. I told her that I don't blame her for the issues. Wags has always been crap. Most times there's problems with their systems, so people usually get frustrated with the employees. Not me. I know better, so I'm my polite self. Besides, nobody wins if we take out our frustration on the employees. However, I absolutely hate having my time wasted and Wags is very good at doing this. Sorry, I'm too tired to do a Wags breakdown. 




Ran all my errands, then stopped at CVS, because they sent me a $4 Q to use on anything. I also had a $3 Maybelline Q on my account, so I figured I'd pick up 2 Baby Lips. A $3 CRT also printed in store. Then I saw I sign that said Buy $15 Maybelline, earn $5 EB. So I grabbed 3 

3 x Baby Lips $14.97
Less DQ (3.00)
Less CRT (3.00)
Less email Q (4.00)
Less EB (0.06) I guess I still had a few cents on my account
Tax 0.65
OOP $5.56

Looks like Baby Lips isn't part of the promo, but another $4 off anything Q printed on my receipt. Then I received an email with a $4 Q. I figured it was the same as my receipt, so I sent it to my card. Imagine my surprise to see 2 x $4 Qs on my card (receipt & email Q), so thank you for another free $8 CVS!!! Y'all made up for that Wags fiasco.

Well, I still have another $5 RR, so I'm gonna use that and take a Wags break. Next week's ad doesn't look good anyway. 

Have a great weekend peeps!

5 comments:

  1. Wags employees I have talked with say they don't know. I quit going in and trying anything. My back hurts to bad to stand for that long. I am glad you mostly got it figured out.
    Employees at pharmacy say if the forget to put rewards on, they cannot after they complete transaction. A new employee apologized for her mistake and immediately added rewards she forgot to post. So, they can do it but just don't want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wags employees have always made up their own rules. I blame corporate for not giving them proper training. They can fix the mistakes, but some of them are just a pita & refuse to do it.

      Delete
  2. I am glad things, kind of, sort of worked out. You do very well on these shopping trips.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

3 Cheers for CVS & Tarjay!

Hi everyone I'm still here. I've been busy, busy, busy. I went to the dreaded dentist today and have been so stressed about it. I ha...