Friday, October 18, 2024

Frugal Friday 10/18/24

Most of my savings were in the kitchen this week. With the constant increase in grocery prices, we are trying to waste less. Here's some ways we saved this week.

  • Had some peppers that were getting old, so I washed, diced and sautéed that with some caramelized onions and have been using it in my omelets all week.

  • Had some tomatoes that needed to be used up so I made smoortjie (mainly tomatoes, onions, peppers & garlic), a typical South African dish that you can add to most meat. We'll use this with Italian sausage.

  • I was determined to eat all the bread heels (we had quite a few) and that's exactly what I did. I just made myself toast with my omelets all week & I'm happy to report that the heels are all gone. 

  • Since I didn't use much of the regular bread and we have muffins too, I decided to freeze the bagels to prolong it's shelf life.

  • About 2-3 weeks ago, I got notification that my printer toner was low. I immediately ordered a new toner, but I still haven't replaced the old cartridge. Why? Because it still prints perfectly. It said 'Toner low' not 'Toner cartridge empty' - that's my thinking 😂. I've always done it this way. I use my printer cartridges until I notice a difference in the printing. Only then do I replace it. 

  • I have many rewards that stores have sent me (I really need to write a post about this), but let some of it expire. It's not worth it to me to pay $9-11 shipping on every free purchase (after rewards). I only use the ones that offer Free shipping.  Saving myself money on things I don't need. BF & I have big financial goals, so we're trying to save in whatever ways we can.
Have a wonderful weekend peeps!

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder how prices can seem to continue to climb. I feel for those that have to live from pay cheque to pay cheque.
    Lots of great frugal moves.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Frugal Friday 10/18/24

Most of my savings were in the kitchen this week. With the constant increase in grocery prices, we are trying to waste less. Here's some...