Monday, February 5, 2024

Menu Plan Monday 02/05/24

Well our menu plan for this week went sideways fast. I gave myself food poisoning last night. I cooked all our meals again yesterday. I had 2 meals with mushrooms planned. I had 2 packages of fresh mushrooms - one I bought on Friday & one the week before. The fresh ones went into the stroganoff and the older package was sautéed for breakfasts. I decided to add some sautéed mushrooms to our ravioli, which we had for dinner last night.

Well, I dreamed that I was out somewhere at night (I don't know who or where), but I started hurling my guts out and the person in the dream told me it's food poisoning (it's so weird that I dreamed about it, while getting sick). I immediately woke with a very upset stomach and just this liquid feeling in my mouth. I know that means I'm close to tossing my cookies. My saliva always turns to water right before I throw up. Now, it's extremely rare for me to throw up, but I was so sick last night I ran to the bathroom and it was just water coming out of my mouth. Spent quite a bit of time in the bathroom, but no throwing up (this was just after midnight). Went back to sleep and my darn phone started buzzing. Ugh! It wasn't even anything important. I leave my phone on, because I use the alarm on my phone and also in case my family needs to contact me during an emergency. 

Thankfully, DS didn't get sick, because he has a weak stomach. I felt sick all day. I felt a bit better after going to bathroom this morning (TMI), but that food hasn't left my body yet. I wasn't even up to dinner tonight, so I just had a grilled cheese. DS opted for a chicken wrap and leftover fries. I'm normally an expiration date junkie, but didn't want to waste the mushrooms. Besides, it still looked fine (except for a few slimy ones that I didn't use). I would rather throw out food than get sick. Trying to save a few $$$ while being sick for an entire day & being unproductive, is not worth it to me. So here's what our menu was supposed to look like. 


Monday : Pesto ravioli (with mushrooms, roasted red peppers) and salad

Tuesday : Beef stroganoff with mashed potatoes & veggies

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Mexican night

Saturday : Red Robin (DS)

Breakfasts : Bran apple muffins, eggs or omelets, breakfast sausage, chocolate brioche french toast, cereal

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad (fries for DS)

Dessert : Still no dessert - we ate some pumpkin pie last week, but there's still lots of cookies left

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available


Needless to say, the mushrooms and the entire ravioli dish got tossed. I'm upset about the ravioli, because it's the yummy Sams one. I considered just removing the mushrooms, but I don't want to risk getting DS sick too. 

I don't have any noodles for the stroganoff, so we're just having mashed potatoes instead. I originally had a totally different menu planned, so I didn't buy any noodles. 

Thankfully, I also baked BBQ chicken breasts, so that's our dinner alternative for this week. 

Bon Appetit Peeps!

5 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better. I am always very careful with food as I've had food poisoning once and I thought I was going to die. I was sick for 4 or 5 days. Never again. What a way to start your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! Yikes! 4-5 days is a long time to be sick. Thankfully, mine only lasted 2 days. I hate being sick. I've never had food poisoning until I moved here. This is the 4th time. I got food poisoning from Meijer store brand food twice, so I never ever buy their brand. I wouldn't eat it, if they paid me to. I'm just happy to feel like myself again.

      Delete
  2. So very sorry that you became so ill. Hopefully you are now feeling much better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! I'm feeling much better again.

      Delete
  3. I always over-salivate before I throw up. I have had so much saliva form that I am choking on it.
    One time, I was going from both ends for 55 hours. I made my way to friend's house an hour away and he took me to ER. I have never been so sick in my life! Of course, then I had to drive home and go to pharmacy and home to bed. The ER said they did not know why I was so ill. They ran so many tests and could not say what was wrong!
    The local ER where I lived would have sent me home with something to stop all the action. But, not an antibiotic.
    So, I still have no idea why they could not figure it out after all the CT scans, blood draws and other tests.

    ReplyDelete

Aldi for the win & Wags grrrrr!

Hi everyone It's been another crazy week! I've had 2 days of back to back errands. Yesterday included the dreaded dentist & erra...