Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Stockpiling items of the week 02/26/24

I don't know if its just me, but the grocery ads have been disappointing the last few weeks. I mainly do my shopping at Sams lately & just cherry pick at the grocery stores. My Kroger also never has the produce that's part of their weekly deals. I don't know what is happening at my store, but there isn't even shelf space for the items. 

When I checked the ad preview on Saturday, I actually chuckled at Kroger's $1.49/doz eggs weekly deal. Yeah, I just paid $1/doz at Walmart about 2-3 weeks ago. Well, the joke's on me, cause I had to pay $2.49/doz at Walmart yesterday. I actually had 2 dozen in my cart, but after seeing the price, decided to only buy one dozen. I'll get the rest at Kroger when the sale starts tomorrow.

Three cheers for Wags! It's another good P&G double dip week. Only this time, the bonus RR deal is Spend $20 (select P&G items only. You can find a list on their site), earn $5 RR. If you pay with points, you might not earn the 2nd RR (this is hit & miss at Wags). However, you can pay with RRs. 

Combine it with the weekly deals to earn 2 x $5 RRs. Items that have been confirmed as working this week, is:

Olay body wash (seems like it's only select varieties) - Buy 3 earn $5 RR + $5 Bonus RR (caregiving RR)

Dawn dish soap - Buy 4 Earn $5 RR + $5 Bonus

Pampers diapers - Buy 2 earn $4 RR + $5 Bonus

Bounty essential p/t - Buy 4 earn $5RR + $5 Bonus

Tide Simply $9.99 jugs - Buy 2 earn $5 RR + $5 Bonus


3 x Olay b/w @ $7 each $21.00

Less DQ (5.00)

OOP : $16.00

Earn $10 RR ($5 Olay + $5 PG)


4 x Dawn @ 5.89 each = $23.56

OOP $23.56

Earn $10 RR ($5 WYB 4 Dawn + $5 P&G)


4 x Bounty Essentials p/t $21.96

OOP $21.96

Earn $5 RR +  $5 P&G 


2 x Pampers diapers $21.00

Less DQ (3.00)

OOP $18.00

Earn $5 RR + $5 P&G


2 x Tide Simply ($9.99 ones) $19.98

1 x Dawn soap 1.49

OOP $21.47

Earn $5 RR + $5 P&G


Please remember that Wags has NO limits. 

Please DO NOT purchase more than one P&G deal per transaction. You will only receive one reward if you do . 

You CAN use both $5 P&G RRs to do your next deal and earn $10 RRs again.  It's called Rolling.




I had $11 RRs expiring yesterday, so here's what I did

Trans 1 

3 x Olay b/w $21.00

2 x Colgate t/p 10.00

2 x Candy 2.00

Less Olay DQ (5.00)

Less Colgate DQ (5.00)

Less RRs (11.00)

Tax 1.86

OOP $13.86

Earned $14 RRs ($10 Olay, $4 Colgate) + $7 WC (WYS $25)

Total earned $21.00

I'm bummed that the Old Spice isn't part of the double dip deal. I paid the balance in cash in order to earn my $7 Booster. 

I added the candy for the RRs to apply to. I knew that if I didn't, then my DQs wouldn't apply. Wags is funny like that. 




Trans 2 (other account)

3 x Pantene $15.00

2 x Colgate 10.00

2 x Oral b t/b 6.00

2 x Maybelline baby lips 8.23

Less Pantene DQ (5.00)

Less Colgate DQ (5.00)

Less Maybelline DQ (5.00)

Less Oral B DQ (1.00)

Less WC (20.00)

Tax 2.35

OOP $5.58

Earned $11 RR ($4 Pantene, $4 Colgate, $3 Oral B)

I could've skipped the Maybelline, but I figured I was already at the store so why not just get it at that decent price. I added the Oral B to get my total to $20, because it would produce a $3 RR. Not the best deal, but I spent down WC, so I'm not too concerned about it. Looks like a $20 bill can still give you a bunch of stuff (16 items 😊)

I need to go back to Wags to do the same transactions on both accounts. I'll just reverse the deals between the accounts and add a few others. And here I am, stuck with more RRs. I do this to myself 😂

I'll do a savings breakdown once I'm done shopping for the week. 




I hit RA at the tail end of the sale last week. I really didn't have high hopes of finding the b/w I wanted in stock, but was pleasantly surprised to see a decent amount in our favorite scent. 

5 x Softsoap b/w $24.95

Less DQ (4.00)

Tax 1.50

OOP $22.45 - Paid with BC, so $0 OOP

Earned $10 BC + $4 BCC. 


Ugh, I had a Softsoap BCC offer for Spend $25 earn $6.30 BCC. Well, the b/w turned out to be $4.99, not $5 as I thought. I thought I missed out on this offer by just spending $24.95, but I forgot that RA has different threshold amounts per offer, so I earned $4 for spending $18 on Softsoap. RA's cool like that! 

I also purchased another $100 gc and earned $20...BUTTTTT I was able to add it to my Softsoap transaction, so the $4 in BC was deducted from my gc amount (If you have enough BC in your account, it will apply BC in the total Q amount you used, to your gc). So, I ended up paying $96 for a $100 gc. I'm so happy, cause there's one cashier (from my old store) that makes you split your transactions. No adding gcs to other purchases. I will make sure not to purchase any gcs at her location.

I was just thinking that I haven't received any RA mailer Qs since my favorite store closed, then voila, I received Qs in the mail today. Whoo-hoo, cause there's a nice $9/43 and $4/15 Q. And they even sent me a battery Q. Doesn't RA know that I'm swimming in free Duracell batteries they offered last year? 😂 I know I'm gonna thank RA for that deal in the near future. I'm gonna be "I'm so glad I managed to score all these batteries, because it's coming in real handy right now". Happens all the time 😂I'll have to check the ad preview to decide if I want to shop this week or next. So many deals, so little time 😂

Happy shopping peeps!

8 comments:

  1. You are so right the ads are not what they used to be, but you still did extremely well with your stocking up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! The ads keep getting worse & prices continue to rise :(

      Delete
  2. Nice.
    I wish I had a R-A here..... 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sluggy. I'm bummed that so many of my RA's closed. I'm enjoying shopping there again.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had the energy to shop like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would gladly have done your shopping if you lived closer.

      Delete
  4. I wish I could shop in those stores. An electric cart is necessary for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can shop online & pick up at the store Linda. You can either have them bring it to your car or go inside store to collect. The RR deals don't work online, but the WC ones do.

      Delete

Menu Plan Monday 04/29/30

Baby it's hot!!!🌞🌞🌞 I'm loving this nicer weather though. I've been awake since 4am, but sunshine makes me feel energized. I ...