Friday, March 1, 2024

Frugal Friday 03/01/24

How crazy is it that we are already into the 3rd month of the year? Before we know it, it will be Christmas again. 

Here's what's been happening at Casa Goose lately

  • My Staples gut feeling paid off. I had the printer drum in my cart & received a $10/60 Q 2 days ago. Swagbucks also had a Shop offer for Spend $75 earn $5. I first checked Rakuten to see what their cash back percentage was. Turned out to be the same as Swagbucks. I went with Swagbucks for that $5 bonus & already have everything added to my account. Whoo-hoo!

    I always compare cash back between the 2 sites. I don't mind using Swagbucks, because they still offer that discounted $25 reward every month (which saves you $3). This works out better than Rakuten. 

  • Ordered discounted RR gcs for DS.

  • Chicos sent me a $15 reward. I already received a $15 one last month, but got another one this month. 

  • WHBM also sent me a $50 reward (we get these twice a year, but it's kinda early this year). I still have a $5 reward they previously sent me. So I have a total of $85 to spend and can't find anything good to purchase. You know things are bad when I struggle to spend that much free money. 

  • Received my Kroger mailer Qs and my freebie is a big bag of Lays chips. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, cause I'm trying to lose weight but I'm not saying no to free chips 😂

  • Also received good RA mailer Qs and my new BCC offers are really good. They even added Old Spice to the list. 

  • Received a $5 Kohls reward today. I don't even remember the last time I shopped at Kohls. I guess yesterday's small purchase gave me enough to cash out.

  • Logged into my other IGC account (it's been about 2 years) and saw that I had more than enough old points for a $10 gc, so I redeemed for a $10 Target gc. 

  • Froze this week's dinner leftovers as individual portions so I can have it for lunch every day. Less waste that way & I can just heat & eat. 

  • I've been looking for new ballet flats/loafers for years. I sold my old pair almost 3 years ago and have been searching for a new pair since, without any luck. I had my eye on a pair of leather ones for almost 2 years, but every time I considered purchasing it, my gut would say no. The sales price was just not good enough for me. Last weekend, I received an email for BOGOF shoes (I've never seen them do a BOGOF sale) and those loafers were reduced to $60. Thankfully they had my size in stock, so I ordered 2 pairs in different colors. At checkout, I saw that I had rewards available - a whopping $15 rewards. I have no idea how I earned this, because I've only shopped with them twice and I didn't even buy much (a big blue purse & matching wallet). So $45 for 2 pairs of genuine leather loafers. Count me in! The best part is that I sold my old pair for around $40, so it's almost like getting free shoes.

  • Did the whole Wags thing yesterday and there was another snafu (system error). I hit 4 stores and spent around $40 OOP. I love shopping with gcs and rewards. Gcs are already paid for (and extra money earned on them) and rewards just keep being rolled. I didn't have any rewards for Kroger and the pop (we only had one can of Coke Zero left & I wasn't going to fight DS for it 😂) and bottle deposit took up most of the bill. 
That's all I can remember for this week. 

Have a wonderful weekend peeps!

6 comments:

  1. You had a great week. Love freezing leftovers for another meal or even two down the road.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! My favorite part about leftovers is that I don't have to cook again :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, YES! Those were free shoes! For sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Linda. The best part is that the shoes will last me many years, because it's genuine leather. I consider it an investment :)

      Delete
  3. Great deal on the shoes! I'm finding it harder and harder to find good quality shoes that I like. I love having leftovers in the freezer for lunches or quick dinners. So easy! Have a wonderful Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! Same for me. It's hard to find anything of good quality these days. It makes me thankful for my crazy shopping ways. I can now enjoy all those good quality things I purchased on clearance. I love just pulling something easy meals from the freezer to eat. Who doesn't like 'no cooking' days :) Have a wonderful week my friend!

      Delete

Aldi for the win & Wags grrrrr!

Hi everyone It's been another crazy week! I've had 2 days of back to back errands. Yesterday included the dreaded dentist & erra...