Monday, March 4, 2024

Menu Plan Monday 03/04/23

Happy Monday everyone! I'm just loving the warmer weather. Yesterday was a busy cooking day. Here's our plan for the week.

Monday : Beef pot pie, salad, veggies

Tuesday : Chicken sausage rolls, roasted veggies, foil potatoes

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Haven't decided yet, but mexican or pizza

Saturday : Red Robin (DS)

Breakfasts : Bran apple muffins, cranberry almond pancakes, eggs or omelets, breakfast sausage, toast, chocolate brioche french toast, cereal

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad 

Dessert : I'm not making dessert until we finish whatever sweets are in the freezer (pumpkin pie & chocolate cookies)

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available

We ended up eating taco boats on Friday night, because we love it! Now I have to figure out dinner for this Friday. I'm thinking we should eat the last of the pizza - if DS doesn't have it for lunch this week. We ate some cookies from the freezer & it was so good. I'm so glad that stuff is frozen, because it was so good that I wanted more. I only thawed 4 cookies (2 each). Thankfully, my self control won. 

I also made frikkadel to make an easy sandwich/'burger' when we need a quick bite. Halfway through cooking I realised that we're eating pastry all week (not that I mind 😂 that's my favorite part of the meal), but I made the sausage rolls so DS could have something other than his usual sandwiches & wraps for lunch. I used the last of the beef roast to make the pot pie. I'm eating down the freezer. I was so worn out from cooking & food prep yesterday, that I ended up making the pancakes this morning. Once again, I'm using up the cranberries from the freezer. 

I'll post all about the Wags fiasco tomorrow. I'm on a drugstore hiatus this week.

Have a wonderful evening peeps! 

4 comments:

  1. Yummy. We are eating winter meals here still as we got a boat load of snow here on the weekend, and the temperatures are dropping.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort food are the best when it's cold & snowy. Hope you both stay safe & warm

      Delete
  2. Your meals always sound so good. I cleaned out the freezer to reorganize it a bit and now I can see everything that I have in there much better. I love spending a bit of time getting food prepped to make cooking a bit easier. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I can't do without my food prep. You too, have a wonderful week!

      Delete

Aldi for the win & Wags grrrrr!

Hi everyone It's been another crazy week! I've had 2 days of back to back errands. Yesterday included the dreaded dentist & erra...