Monday, March 11, 2024

Menu Plan Monday 03/11/24

DST kicked my behind right from the get go. My plan was to get up early yesterday, finish cooking then take DS out for a drive and dinner. Well, I woke up at 8:30 (which is late for me) and my body was totally out of sync. DS wasn't feeling the day either and didn't even want to help with baking. He wanted me to make muffins, but he refused to help in the kitchen. So we stayed home and went to bed our usual time. Guess who's been awake since 4am? Boy, do I hate this time change 😡 My body & brain are confused, my back hurts and I'm cranky. I needed to go to Wags cause I had RRs expiring today. So I decided to just run a few more errands too. Wags was it's usual crappy self and I just wasn't in the mood for it (more on that tomorrow). Thankfully, dinner is ready, so we can just heat and eat. Here's our plan for this week.

Monday : Ravioli with meat sauce, salad, mini garlic naan (see below)

Tuesday : Chicken biryani, veggies,

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Pizza & salad, fries (DS)

Saturday : Red Robin (DS)

Breakfasts : Carrot pineapple muffins, cranberry almond pancakes, eggs or omelets, breakfast sausage, toast, chocolate brioche french toast, cereal

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad 

Dessert : I'm not making dessert until we finish whatever sweets are in the freezer (pumpkin pie & chocolate cookies)

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available

I also prepped salad fixings & made samosas.

My plan was to make lasagna with meat sauce from the freezer, but then I noticed the ravioli in the freezer. This is less work than lasagna (we make our lasagna with bechamel sauce, so there's extra cooking involved) and one less item in the freezer. Yay, for not having to cook another meal. I'm using Aldi mini garlic naan, because I rarely eat bread with pasta. This way I can just pull one or 2 from the freezer and heat it for DS. Easy peasy. 

Biryani - there's different ways to cook it. Ours is basically a meat (beef, lamb, chicken or you can use fish too), rice & lentil dish. I haven't made any in years and we had some for dinner last night. It was so good. 

We stopped at Aldi on Saturday (our last stop after running a few errands) for brioche bread and onions. As we were heading to checkout, I said to DS 'let's go see if they have samosas'. I don't even know where that idea came from (okay, I do know 😊), because Aldi hasn't had samosas since last summer. So we get to the fridge section and there's a fridge full of veggie samosas. I couldn't believe my eyes. The look on DS's face was pure happiness. He was so happy to load the cart with samosas. We bought 8 boxes. No shame in our game, cause they'll probably be sold out next time we go to Aldi. We left the store $61 later, but that's a small price to pay to make my kiddo happy. He's so easy to please. I'm the same way. Surprise me with my favorite food & I'm happy. Most people assume I just want fancy things, because they mainly see my proper self. They have no idea that a simple CFA spicy deluxe chicken sandwich can work wonders for my mood 😂 I love CFA, but there are very few in our fine state so it's a real treat to get it. I'm a simple girl. Well, DS is having samosas as part of his lunch all week, so he's happy. 

I made taco meat, beans & pico on Friday, so we had beef (taco meat) quesadillas with beans and pico. So pizza has been moved this Friday. 

Bon Appetit peeps!

8 comments:

  1. Some of us are folks of simple pleasures. ;-)
    You must make Lasagna Bolognese if you make it with Bechamel. Never had this type of Lasagna until I moved here and it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I make my lasagna Sluggy. I never knew that it's called lasagna bolognese. Oh yeah, simple totally works for me :) Some folks might be surprised at how laid back, easygoing I am.

      Delete
  2. Great menu, and like you we haven't had samosas' in awhile. Must look and see if they are on sale this week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! I like to stock up when we find samosas, because Aldi doesn't always carry it. I hope you find some on sale.

      Delete
  3. DST did not affect me at all since I never sleep anyway, it seems. I do love the later sun to raise my general mood all day. I am glad you keep your son happy with samosas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky Linda. It takes my body a week to recover from the time change. I'm loving all the sunshine and warmer temps we're currently experiencing. It definitely puts me in a good mood :) I got lucky. DS is very easygoing.

      Delete
  4. DST is kicking my butt as well. I get up at 4:30am and it's been brutal. Even Binx is annoyed and looking at me like why are you up SO early. I don't go to Aldi often but I've never seen the Samosa's there. I would love to try them. Wishing you a fabulous week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time change wrecks havoc on our bodies. I'm sleeping well, but can't get up in the mornings (unusual for me). It's even harder on animals, because they don't know or understand about the time change. Aldi only has samosas once or twice a year, but you can find them regularly at Trader Joe's. I love their chicken samosas. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

      Delete

Aldi for the win & Wags grrrrr!

Hi everyone It's been another crazy week! I've had 2 days of back to back errands. Yesterday included the dreaded dentist & erra...