Tuesday, March 12, 2024

This week's Wags shopping

Well, I knocked myself out last night & slept like a baby. I woke up feeling exhausted, but that all changed once the coffee kicked in. The sun's out, I'm feeling great & accomplished quite a bit. 

So, I had to hit Wags again, because I constantly have a pile of RRs to use. I did stop at Wags last week to pick up hair color (which I desperately needed) that cost $1 each after Q and WC I used. Does anyone else get tired of constantly having to color your hair? I don't have much gray, but it all grows in the front where it's visible for all the world to see. I used to just cut the stray pieces, but they seem to have doubled in numbers. I just want a permanent color or something you only have to do once a year. On to the deals.



Trans 1

1 x Aveeno $14.49
1 x Aveeno B1G2nd 50% off 7.24
1 x Colgate t/p $4.00
1 x Colgate t/b 4.00
2 x Garnier shampoo 8.00
2 x Crest t/p 9.98
Less Aveeno DQ (3.00)
Less Colgate DQ (2.00)
Less Colgate DQ (2.00)
Less Garnier DQ (3.00)
Less Crest DQ (1.00)
Less RRs (8.00)
Tax 2.86
OOP $31.57

Earned $21 RR ($10 Aveeno, $4 Colgate, $4 Garnier, $3 Crest) + $14 WC ($7 WYS $40 DQ, $7 WYS $40 Paper Q).
Total earned $35

The store had no sale tags with the Colgate products. I knew that the Optic white was on sale, but I didn't know which size. To top it off, the wifi didn't work at Wags 😡 So I checked my Wags group and saw someone had a big toothpaste. So I grabbed one of those. When the cashier scanned the items, I saw that it rang up at $5 instead of $4, so I asked if I could grab the smaller size. She voided the large one & scanned smaller one. I had 3 RRs expiring and the register rejected the $3 one. Again, there's no answer as to why. Then it wouldn't accept my $7 booster Q and the cashier insisted it's because my total was below $40 - this was after she hit total, which reduced the amount. So the supervisor comes over and reads the fine print on RR 🤦(she's worked there a long time, so she should know their Q policy) and then told me the Q works after Qs. Absolutely not!!! (I didn't say that out loud 😂). I politely asked if she could void the transaction and rescan the items. I figured that whole Colgate thing and the rejected Q probably played a role. So the cashier scans everything again and I had her scan the $7 Booster Q and whaddya know. It worked!!! They hate when I know more about their job than they do 😂 So I had to figure out a way to use the $3 RR. I wasn't going to throw away good money and I didn't want any with DQs. I needed this Q to attach to something, anything 😂

And darn it! The Crest had a shelf tag for $4 (I wanted the $3 items to get my total to $40, but they didn't have any in stock). Ugh, I only saw that it rang up at $4.99 after I got home. Grrrr

I didn't plan on using the boosters, cause I have oodles of WC to redeem. I wanted the Aveeno though and figured I might as well earn the $14 back too. My hands get so dry over winter that I had bloody knuckles 2 weeks ago. After just one use, my hands started feeling better again. I used the Aveeno Positively Radiant lotion years ago. I wish it wasn't discontinued.




Trans 2

2 x Garnier $8.00
3 x Storage bags B1G2F 2.79
Less Garnier DQ (3.00)
Less RR (3.00)
Less WC (5.00)
Tax 0.65
OOP $0.44

Earned $4 RR Garnier

Well shucks, I just noticed that the storage bags rang up at 2.79, instead of being tagged $3.49. Yay. 

The best deal this week is Garnier. There are 2 different kinds, so you can do this deal both times but need to split your transactions to earn the reward.

2 x Garnier or Garnier whole blends $8.00 (do NOT mix & match)
Less DQ (3.00)
OOP $5.00
Earn $4 RR

Kroger is the place to shop this week. 

BOGOF Sargento cheese $1.75 each (price may vary by location)
Kraft salad dressing $1.49
OM lunch meat $3.49
½ Gallon milk $1.29

And if you need soda 12pk Canada dry fruit splash $3/14 and there's a $3 Ibotta rebate (limit 2) that ends tomorrow. So $8/3 pks or $2.66 each.

These are all items we need (excl soda). I'm on my last bag of shredded cheese. 

Happy shopping peeps!







5 comments:

  1. Well done you.
    I have never coloured my hair and at 68 figure I have earned any grey hair I have. My stylist actually told me my grey's look like highlights so I guess I will leave my hair as is for awhile longer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! You are so lucky to have been blessed with gray hair at a later age.

      Delete
  2. You got great deals as always. I stopped coloring my hair almost three years ago and went fully gray and I couldn't be happier. My hair grows fast so I was coloring the new growth constantly. Enjoy the rest of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! Your hair doesn't even look gray. It just looks like a lighter shade. I don't think I'll ever be ready for gray hair. I can't claim a younger age that way...lol. Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  3. Such good deals, even with the wrong price on the Crest. I know how aggravating it is to find a mistake later when you get home. And how odd for the wi-fi not to be working, ugh!

    ReplyDelete

This week's Wags fun!

Hi everyone I apologise for my lack of posts. The days seem to pass by in a blur. I've been really busy getting rid of my Ebay inventory...