Thursday, March 14, 2024

More Drugstore Shopping

Well, I discovered that I had another $35 RRs that expires this week, so I had to take another trip to Wags. I received another $7 WYS $40 paper booster on Monday, so I figured I'd combine it with my beauty $10 WYS $30 Digital booster and $7 WYS $40 booster on my other account.



Trans 1

5 x Covergirl eyeshadow $33.95

2 x Garnier whole blends 8.00

3 x Storage bags B1G2F 2.79

Less Covergirl DQ (2.00)

Less Garnier DQ (3.00)

Less RRs (28.00)

Tax 2.68

OOP $14.42

Earned $24 WC ($10 WYS $30 Beauty, $7 WYS 40 Paper, $7 WYS $40 DQ) + $4 WC (see below) + $15 Ibotta (Covergirl - see below)

Total earned = $43.00

Here we go again! The darn CAT machine didn't work, but I never said anything because this fragrance isn't marked as earning rewards online. So I'm holding out for trans 2 (see below). Also, Ibotta only credited me $12, but I submitted a ticket for the 5th item, because it qualified (I scanned everything before purchase). 

I would've liked to use the rest of my RRs, but I needed to make sure that I don't use more RRs than items and risk having the register reject it. See how we need to plan for Wags 😂 You need to be several steps ahead of them. 



Trans 2

2 x Garnier $8.00

2 x Oral B 7.00

Less Garnier DQ (3.00)

Less RRs (6.00)

Less WC (5.00)

Tax 0.90

OOP $1.10

Wait a minute. Nothing printed again. I knew this time that it's the CAT machine. So I mentioned to cashier (who happened to be supervisor) and asked her to add $4 to my first transaction. No problemo. So she adds $3.50 to my account 🤦 I told her it should be $4 and that she could just add it to 2nd transaction (by now there's a long line behind me. it never fails). So she adds another 50c to that first transaction. Then she adds $3.50 to my 2nd transaction. Bloody hell!!! I just told her it's $4. I wasn't gonna hold up the line over 50c, so I just thanked her and left. Got to my car and realised that I didn't tell her about the $3 for the Oral B. No way am I going back inside, wait in line for another $3. I still have a bunch of other stores to hit. 

So I earned back $3.50 on this transaction. Then last night I decided to try Wags Live Chat. I knew it was a long shot, because they don't really credit you for RRs. They'll tell you to contact Catalina Company - it depends on which CS rep you get. Well, our internet was down last night. Just my luck. That meant I couldn't watch tv either. It finally turned back on, but I was too ticked off to bother with Wags. I tried today and they told me to contact Catalina. No way. I'm just gonna return the toothbrushes and they can add that $7 to my account. 



Then I stopped at RA. I was determined to use that $9/43 mailed Q before it expires this weekend 😂 

4 x Dove b/w $41.96

3 x Dove b/w B1G2nd 50% off 15.72

Less DQ (2.00)

Less mailer Q (9.00)

Tax 2.92

OOP $49.60 - Paid with BC so $0 OOP

Earned $43 BC ($10 WYS $20 on Dove x 2, $10 WYS $50, $13 WYS $52 BCC)

Mmm, RA's store price is $3 higher than their online price. So RA is supposed to be 'get in get out go home'. I don't know what the cashier did, but she couldn't complete the transaction, so we had to start from scratch. Everything worked out in the end and I'm happy with my purchase. I wish the Ibotta offer didn't expire on Sunday, because I could've earned an extra $10. Oh well, nothing beats FREE b/w. The mango one smells amazing. This is the best part of drugstore couponing. We get to try products we would never have bothered to purchase otherwise and it doesn't even cost me much. 

This week's drugstore breakdown (includes Monday's purchases)

Number of items purchased: 34

Total Qs used : $24.00

Total Rewards used : $104.60

Total Rewards earned (RR, WC, Ibotta, Fetch): $128.50

Total OOP : $47.53 ($1.40per item - this includes sales tax)

Total Retail value : $224.76

Now I can take another week off from Wags. I still have $25 RRs that expire in 2 weeks, but I might use it on Covergirl if the Ibotta offer resets. I still have a Beauty Booster on one account. 

I don't know if it's DST or if I'm getting sick, but I woke up with the sniffles and all I want to do is sleep. I so hope I'm not getting sick, but I'm kinda glad I got the shopping done. I'm so worn out, I can barely keep my eyes open. I might need to have an early night. 

Have a wonderful evening peeps!

4 comments:

  1. Good shopping there, even though things did not go as well as hoped.

    It seems like lots of people are getting the sniffles over the past while.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. The sniffles isn't too bad, but the fatigue is overwhelming. I'm about ready to go back to bed.

      Delete
  2. Great deals as always. Covergirl eye shadow is still one of my favorites. I hope you're feeling better. DST really hit me hard this year. I'm taking a three day weekend to try and get myself adjusted. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I'm a Revlon/Neutrogena girl, but I'm saving the Covergirl for a project. I've actually slept well the rest of the week, but I now know it's because I'm sick. I hate DST. Even DS has been struggling to get up this week. I hope you have a wonderful long weekend and that your body will adjust to the time change soon.

      Delete

Menu Plan Monday 04/29/30

Baby it's hot!!!🌞🌞🌞 I'm loving this nicer weather though. I've been awake since 4am, but sunshine makes me feel energized. I ...