Monday, March 18, 2024

Menu Plan Monday 03/18/24

Well, I'm still sick. I've been sleeping the days away since Friday. I don't need a test to tell me I have Covid. I know the symptoms. I was determined to get the cooking done yesterday and today I feel a lot worse. In fact, this is the worst I've felt since I got sick. I'm just utterly exhausted and my whole body aches. I don't even have the energy to take a bath to soak my aching joints. I just took a shower instead. I'm supposed to be getting better, not worse. Here's our meals for this week. 

Monday : Chicken a la king, yellow rice, veggies

Tuesday : Bobotie yellow rice, veggies

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Not sure yet

Saturday : Red Robin (DS)

Breakfasts : Gingerbread carrot muffins, cranberry almond pancakes, eggs or omelets, breakfast sausage, toast, chocolate brioche french toast, cereal

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad 

Dessert : I'm not making dessert until we finish whatever sweets are in the freezer (pumpkin pie & chocolate cookies)

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available

I also baked BBQ chicken breasts, so we have it for sandwiches & wraps. 

Americans have meatloaf & South Africans have bobotie. You can read about it's history/origin here (recipe included). The author failed to mention Indian immigrants who brought Indian cuisine to SA, same with French who brought vines (Cape Town is well known as wine country) & pastries.  I haven't made bobotie in years. I'm thinking that I should make a traditional SA recipe every week or 2. 

We got carry out on Friday and Saturday. This mama just wasn't in the mood to think about food, so we might have pizza on Friday. 

It's times like these that it pays to be a planner. I'm so glad I went shopping & redeemed all my RRs before getting sick. Our meals are cooked, so we just have to heat & eat. We set school clothes ready and lunch is packed. Now I can go sleep for another hour or 2. I just wish I bought some Canada Dry last week too, because I like my Canada Dry when I'm sick. 

Have a wonderful week peeps! Stay healthy, safe & warm. 

5 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better very soon. I am amazed at all those people who still say Covid is a scam and won't admit to having really bad cases of the virus. There is a guy here in Canada who had Covid, was on a respirator, and almost died who still says he didn't have the virus. Funnily enough his family and doctors say he almost died from it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better soon. Glad to hear you prepped everything already so you at least don't have to worry about meals. That's always a good feeling. I had never heard of Bobotie. It's interesting that the meat is cooked before adding the bread and then baking. The opposite of American meat loaf. I think I'll put this on my need to try list because it sounds amazing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're doing ok my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm sorry you are sick and hope you are feeling better by now. The Bobotie looks just like our meatloaf recipe, like you said, I'd say the raisins give it a sweet flavor, and that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope you get better soon. It was miserable when I had covid.

    ReplyDelete

Dove wasted

Y'all know there's something in the water at Wags when everything works great 😂 Four stores & 8 transactions and it all worked ...